Chadstone Shopping Centre, Australia
Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Largest shopping centre in Australia with approx. 70,000 visitors daily
- Realization of a complex undulating steel-glass roof construction as part of a shopping centre 34,000 m² expansion project to reach a total area of 212,000 m²
- Planning and provision of a shoring and working scaffold solution for supporting a roof construction as well as for the assembly of all glass segments
- Minimization of crane utilization as only one crane was available for all work operations
- High level of safety due to execution of all work while the shopping centre remained open for business throughout
- Short construction time with a fixed re-opening date for the Chadstone Shopping Centre
Nomad Scaffold, Melbourne, Australia
Being in the industry for many years, I found the PERI UP Flex system to be the most adaptable and versatile system that I've used, with multiple sizes of a deck, ledgers and accessories. Working at such heights with limited crane access for moving material was enhanced by the lighter weight components and better deck-to-ledger connections. In addition, the accessories ensured a high level of operational flexibility.
Director Nomad Scaffold
PERI UP is the lightest and most versatile system we have ever used. The scaffolding proved to be a valuable asset for dealing with the cantilevers as well as poorly accessible and narrow working areas in this difficult project.
- Comprehensive planning of the scaffolding solution as shoring and working scaffolds for the erection of a complex undulating steel construction and assembly of the glass panels
- Scaffold construction on 3 to 4 levels up to 20 m high and 85 m long, partly with wide bridging as well as cantilevers
- Even working areas without any gaps